These Basil and Corn Fritters are a hit for morning tea or brunch. And they make clever use of homegrown basil. Read on for how to make basil and corn fritters with this quick and easy recipe.
They are a great snack on their own or dress these Basil and Corn Fritters up with a salad, bacon and serve with tomato chili jam and sour cream for a simple yet very tasty lunch.
Any leftovers make a great kids lunch. Though in our family of four, left-overs is a rarity unless I make a double batch!
These fritters will keep in the fridge for a few days. Store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Would you like to grow your own basil? Click to read our 7 Tips To Successfully Grow Basil At Home. And to grow more food at home, you might be interested in reading How To Grow Swiss Chard For Fast Leafy Green Vegetables.
Basil and Corn Fritters Recipe
- 2 Cups Self-raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 3/4 Cups Basil leaves, chopped. (1 cup of leaves before chopping).
- 15 Oz Canned corn kernels (425g)
- 1 Cup Grated tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk the eggs.
- Stir in the self-raising flour and milk and mix until well combined. The mixture should look like a thick batter.
- Add the corn kernels, chopped basil, grated cheese and salt and pepper and mix.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add the butter for frying.
- Spoon large dollops of mixture into the pan and cook in batches until golden brown on each side.Serve and enjoy!
For more cooking inspiration, please see some of our other tasty recipes: