This naturally sweet banana pancake recipe is perfection and has no added sugar! Even without sugar, these pancakes are surprisingly sweet. Light and fluffy and full of bananas these healthy banana pancakes are a must-try recipe for breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea or dessert.
The secret to making these pancakes deliciously sweet, with no added sugar, is to use overly ripe bananas. In fact, the more overripe the banana, the sweeter the pancake will be.
When the skin of bananas start to generously speckle with brown, that’s my queue to peel and freeze them for later use. When I have enough frozen banana’s, a recipe such as this is the perfect way to use up old bananas.
As the bananas defrost, the liquid will separate from the frozen banana. Be sure to include the liquid when mashing up the bananas for this recipe.
Tips: If you have an additional frying pan, you can use it to help cook more banana pancakes in less time. I have one large frying pan and one smaller frying pan. Together I can cook 8 pancakes at once.
Table of Contents
Banana Pancakes – A Sweet Sugar-Free Recipe
- 4 Bananas, over-ripe and mashed
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 pinch Salt
- Butter for frying
- Optional: sliced fried banana and ricotta or Greek yoghurt to serve.
- Set a frying pan to medium heat on the stove.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the 3 eggs together.
- Add the 4 mashed bananas and combine.
- Next add the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Mix the ingrideints.
- Add the milk slowly and combine well.
- Melt some butter in the preheated frying pan and spoon generous spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan.
- Cook on each side for approximately 1 1/2-2 minutes or until each side is golden brown. Usually when air bubbles begin to form in the batter, it's time to turn the pancake over.
- Optional: cook pieces of sliced fresh banana to serve with the pancakes. Simply cook them in butter in the same frying pan, until golden brown on each side. Serve with ricotta or Greek yoghurt.Enjoy!
And if you are looking for more pancake recipes, you might like to see this delicious recipe for Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes.
Some of My Favorite Kitchen Items:
- Easy Gluten Free Key Lime Pie Recipe with Almond Crust
- Kumquat And Star Anise Jam
- Raspberry and Lime No-Churn Ice Cream
- Sweet Stewed Chayote Fruit
- Sweet Salty Spicy Nuts Recipe