These Banana Zucchini Muffins are really very easy to make. They make a great option for a morning or afternoon tea snack and kids will love them in their school lunch box. Don’t worry if your child says they don’t like zucchini, because honestly, you can’t taste it at all. But you will know it’s in there and doing your kids good! This recipe is a clever way to add some sneaky vegetables to your child’s diet.
This recipe makes great use of home-grown zucchini and bananas that no one else will eat because their skins are turning brown. These banana zucchini muffins love very ripe bananas, the riper they are, the sweeter your muffins will be. You can see our tips below for saving overripe bananas for this recipe.
Expect a moist and delicious muffin. They can be stored in an airtight container for around 4 days, otherwise, you can freeze them. Then simply defrost them in the fridge overnight when you’re ready to eat them.
This recipe makes 24 small or 16 large muffins.
Very ripe bananas can be saved by freezing them and using them in this recipe. Peel off the skins and store them in a freezer bag for when you are ready to use them. When they defrost, a lot of moisture will separate from the banana, be sure to include this liquid when you mash the banana.
You may notice there is no milk used in this recipe. That’s because these ingredients already contain enough moisture and don’t require any additional liquid. So if you’re dairy-free, these will be perfect for you!
If you really don’t want your kids to discover zucchini in this recipe, instead of mixing by hand, you can use beaters or an electric mixer to combine the ingredients and further disguise the zucchini.
If you’re looking for some more delicious treats to make, check out these yummy recipes:
Easy Banana Zucchini Muffins
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 Zucchinis, grated
- 2 cup Self Raising flour
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350f (180c).
- Grease two standard muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, place in all the dry ingredients, mix them together and then make a well in the centre of the bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs together, then add and combine the mashed banana, vegetable oil and vanilla bean paste. Once combined, add them to the dry ingredients, along with the grated zucchini. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins to 2/3 full.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. If you are baking with two trays, you might like to swap them over after 10 minutes to ensure both trays cook evenly.
- Once removed from the oven, allow the muffins to stand in the tray for 5 minutes before taking them out to cool on a wire rake.Enjoy!
- 32 Zucchini Dessert And Sweet Recipe Ideas
- Why Is My Zucchini Bitter? (And how to fix it!)
- Kumquat And Star Anise Jam Recipe
- Sweet Stewed Chayote Fruit
- Raspberry and Lime No-Churn Ice Cream